Screen recordings have become an indispensable tool for capturing and sharing moments from the screen of your iPhone. Knowing how to take a screen recording on your iPhone is an important ability, whether you want to explain a new app feature, produce a tutorial, or simply save a memorable conversation. This post will walk you through the process of capturing your iPhone’s screen using iOS’s built-in screen recording capability. Continue reading to find out how to easily capture your iPhone’s screen.
Step 1: Enable the Screen Recording Option.
Before you can begin recording the screen of your iPhone, you must first enable the screen recording feature in your device’s settings. Here’s how it’s done:
- Unlock your iPhone and navigate to the “Settings” app on your home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Control Center.”
- Look for “Customize Controls” and tap on it.
- Under the “More Controls” section, find “Screen Recording” and tap the green “+” button next to it. This action will add the screen recording feature to your Control Center.
Step 2: Navigate to the Control Center.
You can use the screen recording option from the Control Center once you’ve enabled it. The Control Center on your iPhone gives you easy access to numerous settings and functionality. To access the Control Center, follow these steps:
- On iPhone models with Face ID (iPhone X or later), swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen, or swipe up from the bottom of the screen on iPhone models with a home button.
Step 3: Start Screen Recording
You can now begin the screen recording process with the Control Center open. Take the following steps:
- The Control Center contains a number of icons that represent various features. Find the “Screen Recording” icon, which resembles a circle within a circle.
- Tap the “Screen Recording” icon to start recording. A three-second countdown indicates that the recording is about to begin.
- Once the countdown is complete, the status bar at the top of your iPhone’s screen will turn red, indicating that the screen recording is underway.
Step 4: Customize Recording Settings (Optional)
You have a chance of customizing a few settings while recording your screen to improve your recording experience. To have access to these options:
- Long-press or firmly press the screen recording icon in the Control Center.
- A choice will appear, allowing you to enable or disable microphone audio for the recording. This option is useful if you wish to record your voice or other sounds.
- You may also choose whether to record your iPhone’s screen in standard or high definition (HD). To select an option, tap it.
Step 5: Stop to the screen recording and save it.
When you’ve completed recording your screen, stop the video and save it to your smartphone. What you must do is as follows:
- Tap the red status bar at the top of the screen to stop the screen recording.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you wish to stop the recording. To stop the recording, press the “Stop” button.
- Your screen recording will be saved to the Photos app on your iPhone, where you can access it later.
Edit and Share the Screen Recording
You can go further after saving the screen recording to your Photos app, you can modify it or share it with others. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your iPhone, launch the Photos app.
- Find and tap the screen recording that you wish to customize or share.
- If necessary, tap the “Edit” option to cut the recording. You can change the start and end positions to get rid of any unneeded elements.